15 Aug Hidden Gems in Melbourne, FL for Seniors to Explore | The Residences at Zon Beachside
Hidden Gems in Melbourne, FL for Seniors to Explore | The Residences at Zon Beachside
If you’re a senior looking for some fun and excitement in Melbourne, FL, you’re in luck. There are plenty of great hidden gems to explore, and we’ve put together a list of our Top 10 Favorites. Whether you’re interested in checking out some amazing art galleries or spending time outdoors, Melbourne has something for everyone. So pack your bags and get ready to have some fun!
- Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum is located just south of Titusville, Florida, at the Space Coast Regional Airport in Brevard County. Their collection has over 50 historic warbirds from World War I to present including the Douglas C-47 Skytrain. They also have a Memorabilia Hall with much to explore.
- U.S. Air Force Space & Missile Museum includes an amazing history lesson. Be sure to book your tour in advance and make sure tours are currently being conducted.
- American Space Museum & Space Walk of Fame is filled with exhibits highlighting NASA and the contributions made by thousands over the years. The museum includes many donated pieces by individuals over the years. There are also monuments to visit dedicated to workers and astronauts for their contributions.
- Florida Tech Botanical Garden is a wonderful 15 acre botanical garden with plenty of shade provided by all the palm trees and tropical plants. Note that bicycles and dogs are not allowed into the gardens.
- American Muscle Car Museum must be seen to be believed. It is not open to the public but only for special events. You can look on their events tab to see upcoming events and you do not want to miss it.
- Green Gables is like walking back in time. Learn about the early days of Melbourne, FL.
- Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts has ongoing events ranging from theater to concerts. A wonderful place to see top notch Broadway quality productions.
- Brevard Zoo is worth the visit. The Sea Turtle Healing Center is the only sea turtle rehabilitation center in Brevard County.
- Fifth Avenue Art Gallery has collections from many local artists. Enjoy a casual afternoon appreciating the talented artists that reside right her in Melbourne, FL.
- Manatee Cove Park should be on your visit least at least a few times per year. It is perfect for Seniors to enjoy a leisurely stroll and if the time of year is right you can enjoy the site of manatees. Bring a picnic along and enjoy the shaded park shelters.
The Hidden Gems for Seniors Living in Melbourne, FL
While everyone knows of Disney and NASA in Central Florida now with this Top 10 Hidden Gems you can see why so many Seniors retire to the Melbourne, FL area. It has so much to offer Seniors both indoors and outdoors. In addition to the sites all over Brevard County for Seniors to visit, it also offers world class healthcare and many amazing 55+ retirement communities that offer even more amenities to enjoy. The Residences at Zon Beachside located in Indian Harbour Beach, FL benefits for a great location with so much to do in the area including the beaches and parks but also provides an unmatched 55+ retirement community with dining options including The Forge Restaurant and a filled social calendar. To find out more about The Residences at Zon Beachside, you can call (321) 777-8840 or visit www.theresidencesatzonbeachside.com.